Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Learning to "Love" Myself

This happened yesterday though, but I "forgot" to write it because it was a tiring day at the time. Yesterday was the time to prepare all applications I need to follow proposal examination. I sat with some of my classmates and one junior. We were talking about recent competition in our department to kill the time. Until one question changed my mood, "are you guys came to cocktail party a week ago?" asked the junior. One of my classmates replied that she weren't come because of sickness and the others were attending the party. When it turns out to me, I replied "I wasn't came, I don't have any interest to crowded event". The junior, as fast as thunderstruck, said that "what a weird person, you must be an introvert".
Like being attacked by the angry birds?? Hehehe. I was extremely, absolutely, exactly surprised to hear such statement like that. It's been a long time since I heard the similar words like this. It was my friend (don't mention the name) that judge me as an introvert, and unluckily, the person said that in the middle of the class so everyone now know me as an introvert, a title that I don't want to admit that I'm an introvert at that time.
Because of this moment, I lost my faith to the person (not being lost completely) in an instant. I am a person who can be easily disbelieve people if they do something "harmful" to me. Perhaps, this is the reason why I still tend to be alone everyday.
Time to time, I was finally able to forget the moment, being my "ordinary" half-cold person. Though I still retained my soft spot, that I quite sensitive to other people, but I can't show it directly, just concealed it. This last for a long time until I found an online group in a social media that changed my old perception.
When I read several posts in that group, I was realized that there are many people outside who shares similarities like me. Soon, I joined the group, sharing with some members about my story, ask for their advice, and so on. However, this wasn't lasting long. 
My "cool" demeanor think out of the box again, it is not an option to "share" your personal feeling with someone, both you know or not. It is because I like to do everything by myself, I don't want to brag people, they have much important thing to do than hear a "weirdo" speech. I guess this is one of my lacks, I totally thought bad of me, I don't love myself (Astaghfirulllah). I know that The Almighty blessed us with different specialty. Underestimating a person is the same as "mocking" The Almighty, it is a sin, you got a hell's ticket. I don't need that ticket, despite this, I wasn't able to remove such trait.
I want to know how to appreciate myself
I'm so grateful to have some specialties covered with thousands of weaknesses, all praise and perfection belongs only to Allah SWT
I should look closer, see the implied message in a white shining paper
I should train my eyes, to be easily adapted to face the light
And when the time has come
I want to love myself like my love to Allah SWT and my Prophet, Muhammad SAW.

No comments:

Post a Comment